Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.


To go back to the experts page click here>>


Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:37pm

Post Subject: Leaky windows

A few issues back a new product was featured which could be applied around outside of windows as an alternative to mastic. Can anybody tell me what it was called


Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:25pm

Post Subject: Leaky windows

I think you are talking about Captain Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure. This seems to be a water based polymer with a low surface tension. You apply it around the windows so any cracks in the seal draw the liquid into the crack by capillary action. You let the product dry and reapply, repeating until no more is drawn into the crack. Any decent chandlers should stock it. If you mean that you intend to remove the windows to reseal then use either the proper self adhesive closed cell tape or one of the mastics made for the purpose. Possibly one of the Sikaflex range but certainly not ordinary silicon sealer. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.23 seconds.