Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
phillip
phillip

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:19pm

Post Subject: Adjusting stern tube

would you be kind enough to let me have an idiots guide to how to adjust my stern tube assemby and what tools I will need. There seem to be three (adjustable?) rings. Many thanks

Adjusting stern tube
Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:27pm

Dear Phil, Please email the picture to me at Tony@TB-Training.co.uk so that I can see details. There are instructions on adjustment in the maintenance course note on TB-Training.co.uk. You are welcome to print them out. I await the photo. Tony Brooks

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:53am

The photo shows that a large C spanner is the tool needed and I have suggested some alternatives to Phil because the C spanner is likely to be expensive and difficult to obtain. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.25 seconds.