Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
sincasa
sincasa

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:44pm

Post Subject: Blacking

Hi Seasons greetings, read your article on blacking but need bit of advice please.I has my boat blacked with 2pack, is there any way of getting some idea as to the condition of the blacking without removing boat from the water

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:42pm

Post Subject: Blacking

A diving suit and breathing equipment! :-) Seriously if you need to inspect the parts more than a couple of inches below the waterline it will have to come out of the water. It is possible to use long ratchet straps, the offside handrail and pileing to cant the boat away from the bank but I would not try it, anymore than I would try (in complete disregard for BW bylaws and H&S issues) suspending it on ropes between bollards in a narrow lock - see those new bollards might have a purpose but I would not expect them to hold with a boat suspended on them. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.25 seconds.