Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
roxydog
roxydog

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:47pm

Post Subject: zeise

we have a zeise diesel generator on our narrow boat.It has a belt driven water pump,trouble is it shreads belts at an alarming rate.the pump is adjustable and is running in line. Can you recomend which 12v pump might do the job??.I haven't got a manual to the geny so I don't know how much water the pump needs to move to cool the geny. thanks Trevor

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:01am

Post Subject: zeise

Dear Trevor, This is the web address of the makers as far as I can tell: http://www.set-zeise.de/ (all on one line). They seem to use a number of different makes and sizes of engine so without a lot more information I would not even try to make a recommendation. Even if I had all the information I would not respond because any electric pump you buy would have to be rated for continuous use and I doubt many are. The pictures I have seen for their smaller generators show that an alternator (or a jockey wheel) is also fitted so that could be at fault. I find it almost impossible to believe that any easily obtained V belt would suffer short life simply as a result of driving a rubber impeller raw water pump. Are you sure you are buying the correct belt? There are two standards which look similar but have a slightly different width and different V angles. Is there any damage to any of the pulleys - including the inside flange that can be hard to see? Could the water pump be seizing up during use? My advice is to contact Germany to get a UK contact who is familiar with the product and can advise/inspect it. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.27 seconds.