Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
jeff1mac
jeff1mac

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:32pm

Post Subject: Fuel

Hello Tony,probably a daft question but since we are having the worst winter for 30 years and the canals are frozen over,if I couldn't get to a chandlery or boatyard for fuel (red deisel )but I could get to a filling station selling road deisel (white)besides damaging my wallet would it be o.k.to use it on the boat.My engine is a Beta 38 and I have Webasto central heating.Thanks,Jeff Mac

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:47pm

Post Subject: Fuel

Dear Jeff, Both the engine and Wabasto will probably run better than on "red". You may find the engine is marginally quieter as well. As DERV (road diesel) now has to contain a proportion of bio-fuel and bio-fuel absorbs water and cleans muck from the system there are some possible problems but I am confident they will not be a practical concern over the short term. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat regular newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.54 seconds.