Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
chrisbee
chrisbee

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:48am

Post Subject: injectors

hello! tony,i would be greatful if you could help me. i have had my ijectors overhauld and before iput them back, is there a wright face and awrong face to put them back because of the spray for the glowplug.thanks for any help on this topic.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:47am

Dear Shawn, it would help if you told me what engine this is because there are several ways in which injectors are secured in the head. However with the modern "screw in" type there is no auxiliary spray hole so your fears are not an issue. With the older BMCs which did have an auxiliary spray hole the injectors are secured in the head by two studs, the nozzles is located onto the body by two pegs and if you tried to fit them the wrong way round you could not connect the injector pipe. Again with the injectors secured by a single stud or bolt fitting one the wrong way round would make it impossible to it the pipe. If the nozzle has an auxiliary spray hole it is up to the person who overhauled it to correctly locate it relative to the body. Actually I am much more concerned as to your knowledge of exactly what is supposed to be "down the injector hole" and that you have made sure it's there. For instance BMCs have heat shields that often come out on the injector and even if they do not there is a little crimped heat shield washer that sits under the face of the nozzle, plus the usual copper sealing washer. Tony Brooks

chrisbee
chrisbee

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:17pm

hi tony the engine is a bmc 1.5 .what ishould of asked,there are some silver coloured washers i the bag (saucer shaped)where do these go,thanks for any info.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:27pm

These sound like the atomisation or heat shield washers that should go right into the bottom of the injector hole but before you fit any take two precautions. Look down the hole using a torch and you should see a small hole, about the size of the hole in those "washers" leading into the combustion chamber. If you see a large hole that the "washer" would fall through then you have a sort of inverted top hat heat shield missing. It probably came out on the old injectors and before replacing it get a suitable copper sealing washer for its flange. If the small hole is all you can see please poke about a bit to make sure the old "washer" is not still down the hole. You also need a copper sealing washer that sits on top of the top hat thing I mentioned. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.27 seconds.