Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
rhiannon
rhiannon

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:50pm

Post Subject: Oil suction pump

Hi Tony, I asked you about poor starting on my 1.5 bmc enginge, you asked if I had cleaned the heater plug ports after fitting new plugs,I did not but have now and the boat starts so much better. My next question is, I want to change the oil in the engine but have no sump plug or suction pump to remove old oil, Can i fit a suction pump to this engine.Many thanks Tom

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:39am

Post Subject: Oil suction pump

Dear Tom, Yes you can fit either an electric or manual sump suction pump to the engine and the likes of ASAP Supplies, Calcutt Boats, or AMC should be able to supply the parts you need. You will also be able to by a manual pump fitted with a small tube that goes down the dipstick hole from most chandlers. However I suggest that you look at the Pela Oil Extractor which is a manual vacuum device. It will allow you to get on with changing filters etc. whilst it drains the warm oil for you. It will also be useful in draining water from typical narrowboat fuel tanks etc. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.53 seconds.