Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
chrisbee
chrisbee

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:50pm

Post Subject: bmc 1.5

hi! tony thanks fore the info about the washers.what size battery would i need to start a bmc 1.5.could you use a liesure battery.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:35am

Post Subject: bmc 1.5

Dear Shawn, unless I know what you mean by a leisure battery I can not say if you can use it as a start battery. Leisure battery seems to be a term more related to marketing than battery design. What I can say is that many modern so called leisure batteries are marketed as being dual purpose, so the answer in that case is yes you can use it. If its a lorry battery someone has fitted to the domestic system then that one would be fine as well. Other than that all I can say is that if its a bank of three or four batteries then the occasional use for starting using the whole bank will probably be fine. If its just a single battery then there is always the possibility you could shorten its life to a degree. As to size I suspect something equivalent to about 85 amp hours will be sufficient. A starting battery should be measured in CCA (cold Cranking Amps) but I am on the boat and do not have a conversion table to hand. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.35 seconds.