Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Muffin
Muffin

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:45pm

Post Subject: Quasi Sine Wave/AppleMac

I have a Quasi-Sine Wave Inverter on board. Having recently bought an Apple MacBook, I would like some advice: 1. Can I run the MacBook via the Inverter supply. 2. If not - can I fully charge the MacBook battery without damaging it? 3. Is it possible to run a MacBook directly of the 12 volt supply (possibly using some kind of adaplor)? Any advise would be appreciated.

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:45pm

Dear Mike, The Mac might run off a modified sine wave supply and it might charge the battery but the only people who can give you a definitive answer are either Apple (who will probably cover their backs and say no) or a reader who is actually doing it. Seeing the cost of Apple kit I am not sure I would try it. In general it should be far more efficient to run form a car adaptor than via an inverter and although most (but not all) PCs can run via adaptors from the likes of Maplin I suspect Apple will have made sure you have to use their own car adaptor - at the typical Apple mark up. A car adaptor should also charge its battery. Tony Brooks

Muffin
Muffin

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:21pm

Thanks Tony for you prompt reply. Mike

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.25 seconds.