Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
1hilperton
1hilperton

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:55pm

Post Subject: central heating

toni i have a pressurised system on my boat it nis a morso backboiler oil fired feeding three rads with a johnson circulating pump i would like to know at what pressure it should be set at the pressure is set via a filling link i think the system is the same as house system hope you can help many thanks

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:52pm

Post Subject: central heating

I regret that if you are correct about it being a sealed system then I have no alternative other than to point out that a thermostat failure on the stove could result in an explosion unless a pressure relief valve of sufficient size has been fitted. In that case the valve outlet could vent considerable quantities of superheated steam. being oil fired it will be safer than a solid fuel stove but I will not answer your question. Basically you need the AIR pressure in the vessel to be sufficient to minimise the amount of water in the vessel when it is cold. In this way the expanding hot water will have somewhere to go. The filling link should only be used to top the system up when water has been lost. The more water you put in the less expansion room there will be. Perhaps a reader with knowledge of domestic central heating might give some more information but failing that I must advise that you contact whoever fitted the system. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat regular newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.54 seconds.