Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
tilly20
tilly20

Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:36am

Post Subject: low water pressure

hi expert ihave a 55foot narrow boat and when showering after acouple of mins the pressure drops i have a shurflo pump and accumulater any idears thanks paul

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:47pm

Post Subject: low water pressure

Yes - situation normal, although I would say a couple of minutes is an over estimate. Please bare in mind there are a number of different pumps in the Shurflo range so I must answer for the common ones. I am also surprised that you do not say the pressure pulses so you may either have a large flow shower head or a very low output pump. Before you turn your shower on the pressure in the pipes and in the accumulator will be at over 30 psi. With the shower on the accumulator starts to supply water at 30+ psi gradually reducing the pressure as it empties. At some point the pressure will be low enough for the pump to cut back in again and at that point the pressure normally rises until the pump cuts out again but in your case it is not happening. I am sure the pump cuts in but its delivery must be less than the flow from the shower so the pressure in the system continues to fall until the pressure is such that the flow from the shower matches the pump delivery. Most pumps have a strainer on the inlet side so check that its not full of rust and scale because a blocked strainer would reduce pump output as would a leaking pump valve. Once you ensure the strainer is clean I would not worry about it as long as there are no other water problems. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.24 seconds.