Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Hunt69er...
Hunt69er...

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:44am

Post Subject: Selling an engine

Hi, I have an engine for sale, it is a Renault RC16D Turbo Diesel. It is old but in good working condition. Where should I look to sell it and how much would it be worth roughly? Thanks

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:23am

You are asking on a canal boat orientated forum how much a turbo charged engine is worth and where to sell it! Having worked for a Renault dealership for a number of years I would say "your local scrap yard" and "pay them they want to take it away. To be a little more serious. If it is a true marine engine then try Boats and Outboards or Apollo Duck. If its an automotive engine try Auto Trader or Exchange & Mart Motors. You need to do a bit of research in those places to see what they normally ask for them. There is always your local Freecycle site. Tony Brooks

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:14pm

Thank you for your time, it is a canal boat engine but I understand its not going to be worth alot but I shall browse the websites you have suggested thanks again

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:56pm

I know that at one time Beta marinised the Peugeot diesel which may well have been sourced from the Renault-Citroen-Peugeot partnership but as far as I know it was never marinised for canal use with a turbocharger. This could be home marinised or done by a small mariniser, in either case that would affect its value. It may have been intended for a river cruiser and I suspect that is the market you should be looking at. If the price is right some boat owners will fit any sort of engine. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 163.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.25 seconds.