Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage

Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:49pm

Post Subject: Honda 100 CDI 4 stroke, wont run on idle only medium and high rev

I have a problem with my Honda outboard, its the 100CDI 4 stroke, I think its 1979/80 none points model cos of the CDI,.. it is spluttering a little and wont run in idle or low rev,.. its quite smooth in mid or high revs but stalls before you can get it in gear,.. I have changed the plugs and cleaned all connections, I have replaced the seals in the carb and cleaned it with carb cleaning fluid, but the problem is still the same,.. can anyone advise me please? is the carb knackered or could it be something to do with the CDI unit? if this was faulty would it run at all? thanks, here is a pic of the engine just so you know what model, it doesnt show the carb side though... also where can I ge new carb and CDI if needed at a good price,.. thanks again Gordon

Honda 100 CDI 4 stroke, wont run on idle only medium and high rev

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 41.  Total Objects: 161.  Total Unserialized: 1. Total Runtime: 0.24 seconds.