Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
antneuk...
antneuk...

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:38am

Post Subject: Moorings

I am new to boating and would like to know what kind of mooring I would require. As I work away for a month on month off rota, I would not be a true residential boater, only using the boat for a few weeks every other month but will require a secure mooring for the period when Im at work. What would my options be?

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:44am

Dear Paul, I doubt there is any mooring that is truly secure but one in a marina is as close as you will get to it. If you intend to leave the marina when you are on the boat then unless there are signs to the contrary you can moor up anywhere on the BW system for up to 14 days. Then BW require you to move to a "different parish" (or whatever their latest definition happens to be). That is not just 100 yards down the canal but several miles. If this sounds like what you want to do then all you need is a marina mooring. If you want to live on the boat in a marine then each marina is likely to have different policies, many dictated by local planning requirements and the myopia of the operator. If you are lucky enough to find a true residential mooring in a marina and can afford it you should have reasonable security of tenure. If you come to an "arrangement" about a non-residential mooring you may find yourself required to move the boat at short notice but it is very much up to the operator. Basically you need to start sounding out marina operators about your specific needs. Tony Brooks

antneuk...
antneuk...

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:40am

Thanks Tony

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.25 seconds.