Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
DonTitch...
DonTitch...

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:16pm

Post Subject: Water Filter Problem

I wonder if you or any readers can help with a problem we have. Having purchased a unlined sale-away, and been fitting it out our selves at weekends and any spare time over the past three years the water filtration system was purchased from the Crick Show in 2008, a '3Ms WV-B3' whole system water filter, we liked the idea of filtering all the water, rather than just the single tap, and used the summer of 2009 and is now due to have its filter cartridge replaced, we now find that the company that sold the system are no longer trading. At the time we didn't think we would have any problems with obtaining replacement filter cartridges being a well known company, in fact 3M have a distribution centre two minuets from where we live, haw wrong could we be. This system seems to be designed for the American 'Recreational Vehicle and Marine' market, and not available from any 3M stockist that we have been able to contact in the UK. Can you or any reader give us any information on a supplier in this country, they are available mail order from the USA.

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:44pm

Sorry Don, I have no ideas, especially as I have very grave doubts about the bacteriological content of water from filters on typically maintained boats. We *replaced* ours straight from a stainless steel tank. OVER TO OUR READERS. Tony Brooks

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:46pm

I have no idea what happened *replaced* should read "drink". Some odd spell checker thing I suspect. TB

pdscaz
pdscaz

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:23pm

Duratank (ad in canal boat)do a non chemical long term treatment for drinking water tanks (see their web site for details) I replaced my filter with one from screwfix replacing the low cost carbon element twice a season

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 44.  Total Objects: 163.  Total Unserialized: 4. Total Runtime: 0.42 seconds.