Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
hilary
hilary

Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:15pm

Post Subject: Boating to cambridge

We are interested in taking a 62 ft narrow boat from the Grand union canal to cambridge. Is this possible with this size boat and if so what would be the suggested route. time is not an issue. Many thanks

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:52am

Post Subject: Boating to cambridge

Yes, I think it is perfectly possible but would prefer a reader from the fens area to confirm it. Your route would be down the Northampton arm of the GU from Gayton, then the River Nean, the Middle Levels and then the Ouse etc. I think there may be one very sharp bend that might cause you a little concern and I am sure you will have to time your passing of Denver Sluice because of tides. I am sure several full length boats get to the IWA National at St Ives so the only thing I am unsure about is the River Cam itself. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat regular newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.58 seconds.