Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
DieselDave
DieselDave

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:38pm

Post Subject: Lister engine leak SR2

Tony-B thank's for the help today, i hope i can cure the problem sounds like surgery but the the breakdown of what to do and what's involved has given me a better understanding. Many thank's Dave Nottingham

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:59pm

Post Subject: Lister engine leak SR2

Dave its not very difficult but I can see various traps that could befall the inexperienced, especially if you have to get involved with pump timing and adjustment. You will find that fuel pipes pass through specially shaped grommets and I think rubber O rings seal the heads to the fuel pump housing. Your leak could well be form one of those and is running down the housing making it look as if it is at the bottom. Please take it very slowly double checking each step in the manual and parts list. Also spend 5 minutes examining before you remove each part. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.23 seconds.