Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
tommy10
tommy10

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:03pm

Post Subject: how long do i meed?

Another silly Q 4 U! Can you give your best guess about the number of days it would take to transport a NB Botany Bay area down to Teddington lock? moving about 9am till 8pm each day...

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:45pm

Canal Plan AC http://www2.mihalis.net/canal/cgi-bin/index.cgi does not recognise Botany Bay so unless you are talking about Australia I am unable to help with the present information. It recognises Botany Bridge and Botany Wharf but not Botany bay. Please supply the canal or river name, a Bridge or lock number, plus the nearest town. That way I stand some chance of helping you. Tony Brooks

tommy10
tommy10

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:50pm

Botany Bay boatyard is conveniently situated on the picturesque Lancashire branch of the Leeds & Liverpool canal just two minutes from junction 8 of the M61, Regards

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:01pm

According to the website I pointed you to it will take 12 days, 3 hours and 48 minutes. The website will also give you the overnight stops and an itinerary. It seems the website decided to use the GU to Brentford.Personally I would use the South Oxford and the Thames unless you want to avoid getting an EA license. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.78 seconds.