Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
DieselDave
DieselDave

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:13pm

Post Subject: MASON 'S PAINT

Can anyone tell me what the code numbers are for masons paint, i.e atlantic blue 662 for example. I'm trying to find colour codes for reds and the undercoat to go with it in the mason paint range so i know what i'm ordering. Many thanks

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:09pm

Post Subject: MASON 'S PAINT

I think you need to talk to either their retailer of whoever now owns them. I think it is Akzo Nobel who also own International, ICI and may others. My view is that you would be better advised to forget about Masons and use a paint supplier who is more ready to provide such information to the ordinary end user. I came an almighty cropper with my own boat because it transpires that Masons seem to mainly supply their own House colours and many do not accord with either BS system or the RAL system of paint colours. This means they have you by the throat when it comes to ordering touch up paint. You would have far more flexibility in your suppliers if you stuck with BS or RAL complaint colours. However even with those colours they will fade so a touchups will show. I gave my Masons colour chart to Weltonfield Narrowboats about 6 years ago because their painter had problems with getting Masons colours right so they may be able to help. Tony Brooks

DieselDave
DieselDave

Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:24pm

Post Subject: MASON 'S PAINT reply for Tony B

Thanks for that Tony i will try and contact them to see if they can point me in the right direction. I sort of can't forget about mason's paint fore the boat is already painted in their colours.

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.25 seconds.