Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Garycee
Garycee

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:15am

Post Subject: Canal Boat Living

My wife & I are returning to the UK from NZ in 2011. We were thinking of living on a canal boat around the Stockport area. Could you please tell me if there are any companies in the area who would hire boats for living on as opposed to just soending a holiday on board. We have never lived or taken holidays on canal boats. Thank you for any information you could send

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:26am

I am from the south and do not know that area so can not be 100% sure. However I suspect that you may well find a hire fleet that would do a deal for a very long hire - I hear bookings are not easy to come by at the moment. I must also caution you about taking certain internet sites at face value without very careful checking. I hear whispers (but nothing specific) that there may be some disappointment associated with such sites. Sorry, Tony Brooks

Veggie
Veggie

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:38pm

Tony' advice about the Forums is spot on, some of the people on these are dreamers. Try the Residential Boat Owners Association, for real world info. http://www.rboa.org.uk/

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:20pm

Actually I was not on about any Forums but more about sites that appear to offer what was wanted. I find the Canal World Forum an invaluable place to get info and I know at least one hire operator contributor there seems keen to do such deals. Tony Brooks

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:20pm

Actually I was not on about any Forums but more about sites that appear to offer what was wanted. I find the Canal World Forum an invaluable place to get info and I know at least one hire operator contributor there seems keen to do such deals. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 44.  Total Objects: 163.  Total Unserialized: 4. Total Runtime: 0.24 seconds.