Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Sailor
Sailor

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:16pm

Post Subject: Gaz Fridge

Hi Tony. The fridge on my boat does,nt seem to be working although the pilot light is burning. I wondered if it needs re-charging, if so how do I go about it. Thanks Ken.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:26pm

Post Subject: Gaz Fridge

As far as I know you do not. On the hire fleet we used to change the whole cooler assembly. They are not like compressor fridges. I must caution you against doing any work on gas appliances unless you are "competent" as per the BSS guide. First of all the fridge flame should be all blue. If it has any yellow there is a blockage in the air supply to the injector. The injector (jet) may also be partially blocked with rust dust. If the flame is fat and blue than taking the fridge out (disconnect t first), turning it upside down and then giving the pipes at the back and good dose of GBH with (say ) the heel of a slipper and finally setting it up the right way and letting it stand for a while before relighting can work wonders. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.71 seconds.