Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Tommo
Tommo

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:12pm

Post Subject: Swans neck tiller arm

Hi, I want to change the swans neck tiller arm on my narrow boat. Is the tiller arm designed for the canal boat it is on, or can you just change it for another one. Thanks for any help

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:20pm

Post Subject: Swans neck tiller arm

There are a number of different designs and one even is part of the rudder stock rather than being fitted to the top of the stock. The method of clamping the swan neck to the top of the stock also varies. If both the old and new swan necks are fitted in the same way and with the same critical dimensions they should be interchangeable. Not much help but the best I can do without seeing both. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.30 seconds.