Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
finnie
finnie

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:34pm

Post Subject: deck boards

Hi went to the boat friday to make it ready for winter and discovered that one of my battery boxes was full of water so looking closely at my back deck boards (cruiser) I think new one`s is needed.What I have now is just marine ply but would like to have the one`s with rubber on as you see on a lot of hire boats .What are they called and where do you buy them? Thanks

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:57pm

There is more than one brand but I think that you are probably talking about Hexagrip (one make) but its is more of a textured laminate than a rubber. This is used extensively for the flooring in commercial vehicles and trailers. If you have any commercial vehicle body repairers or trailer manufacturers near you they may sell you an off-cut but I find many boatyards who do repairs also stock it and will cut to size rather than you having to buy a whole board. If your read deck is not self draining I doubt you will stop water getting below. If it is self draining you should check the drains are free. Now you know Hexagrip you can Google for suppliers or talk to your local timber merchant. Tony Brooks

Tommo
Tommo

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:26pm

I also found it called Buffalo board, this is a web site address for it www.advancedtechnicalpanels.co.uk/ or as Tony suggests just google buffalo board.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 44.  Total Objects: 163.  Total Unserialized: 4. Total Runtime: 0.84 seconds.