Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
aajones
aajones

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:55pm

Post Subject: Single-handed cruising

I plan to buy a narrowboat in the next couple of years and will be doing a lot of single-handed cruising. How can I get single-handed cruising practice before I make the big financial commitment? Hire companies seem to want a minimum crew of two.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:04am

Post Subject: Single-handed cruising

I would keep contacting the small hire fleets and also take a boat handling training course (the RYA list their franchisees and many advertise in the magazine) and make it clear you want 1 to 1 training on single handing. Just make sure it is with an inland training school who use a narrowboat! Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat regular newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.59 seconds.