Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
kalidor
kalidor

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:20pm

Post Subject: Inverters

I am thinking of buying a Sterling Quasi Sinewave inverter 12v..240 1800w. At the moment I have one starter battery and two 110amp/hr leisure batteries. I would be using two laptops, LCD Tv, Caravan kettle, and the occasional vacuum cleaner and toaster. Am I being too ambitious?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:14am

Post Subject: Inverters

I am afraid that only person who can answer that is you. Personally I would be using car power adaptors for the laptops, the gas stove for the kettle and a 12v TV. With brand new batteries you have a bit over 55Ah of usable capacity (if you want long battery life) which would power your inverter when running at maximum capacity for about 15 minutes. You also give me no idea about your use of the boat and charging regime. I have an article about how you do the calculations in the "Articles" section on my website - (www.TB-Training.co.uk). Only you know how you use the boat so only you can do the calculations unless you give me all the information. On the basis of this question I suspect you have unrealistic expectations. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 1.02 seconds.