Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
TheMartins
TheMartins

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:43am

Post Subject: Central Heating - Fin Radiators

Hello. Can anyone offer any advice or their experience with the low level ( skirting type )'fin radiators' for hot water central heating please? Does anyone know a supplier and / or trade name of them. Thanks very much in advance for any help.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:48am

One trade name is Finrad and I would have thought any plumbing suppliers should be able to supply them. I think Alde list them and Acorn Engineering list them in their catalogue I have but I know they have had changes. I must caution you to find out how much heat they will transfer because when I looked at then I felt I would need a lot of run to do the same as three ordinary radiators which would prevent the installation of storage on the "central heating side". I know you can get fancy covers but often you have to make your own. Acorn claim 400 watts per metre or 650watts if two are stacked on top of each other. This compares with 1214 WATTS FOR A 600 X 700mm double panel radiator. Tony Brooks

TheMartins
TheMartins

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:21am

Thanks Tony. I had similar thoughts on the number/length required to meet our heating needs. We've a 5kw boiler so based on 'fin rad' at 400w output/m we should be be looking for around 12m (40'). If we were to include a heated towel rail at around 1kw I suppose we could drop down to say 10m. I reckon we might give it a try.

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.31 seconds.