Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
minnowboy
minnowboy

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:29pm

Post Subject: Sol-A-Vent

We have a Sol-A-Vent solar powered ventilator fitted in the shower on our boat which has seemed to have died.Any idea of a parts supplier in the U.K.Many Thanks richard

wirren
wirren

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:14pm

Hi Richard, Machine Mart do sell them here - http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/de tails/sunsei-sev-1000ss-solar-vent-stainless-ste el/path/solar-panels--accessories Mark

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:16pm

There are (or has been) at least two marine "makes" and neither of them are listed in my catalogues as Sol-A-Vent. Searching on that term throws up some others. The common one that fits into "flying saucer" roof vents by Tannoy or ECS (EC Smith). The motor/solar panel assembly looks as if it is a non-serviceable item so you may have to replace the whole thing. Have a look here http://www.ecs-marine-equipment.co.uk/marine-equ ipment/ventiduct-systems-item-4240.html I suspect any reasonable chandlers will have the whole thing in stock and may well be able to order the motor/panel part for you. Its going to be a lot of money though so think about installing a 12vdc computer fan controlled by a push button timer switch like they use for stair lights in some buildings. Tony Brooks

minnowboy
minnowboy

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:15pm

Many thanks for info Tony & Mark

auspax
auspax

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:39pm

Hi Richard As a new owner/boater of a secondhand nb I also have two of these, one is definately dead and the other, I need a sunny day to check it out!. The good news is I hope for you I have the address and phone No.in the States, no e mail though but will be asking an American friend to make enquiries for me. Unfortunately the information is on the boat and it will be after the coming weekend that I can collect it. Hope this will help in the near future. Regards Austin

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 45.  Total Objects: 164.  Total Unserialized: 5. Total Runtime: 0.28 seconds.