Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
stevieb
stevieb

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:31pm

Post Subject: bmc1500

Hi Tony, i have just had a recon BMC 1500 engine fitted & have had a few problems. First of all when the engine has warmed up & been crusing the oil light flickers when at idling speed, this goes of with increased revs. Also needing to add about a pint of oil after a days crusing, i have been told this is common until carbon has built up around piston rings? The engine is hard to start needing the glow plugs being heated for about a minute & continue to hold in until engine has run for another minute,surely this will ruin the glow plugs, again i have been told these engines need a lot of heat!New injectors have supposed to have been fitted. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:01am

Post Subject: bmc1500

Dear Steve, Please re-send this question to me by Email to (Tony@TB-Training.co.uk) stating that all correspondence will be strictly confidential between us. I will also want to know who reconditioned it. There is a possible conflict of interest here and I can not make the magazine party to what my diagnosis may be. Many thanks Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.23 seconds.