Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
retford22
retford22

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:19pm

Post Subject: calorifiers

Hi Can you help me I have a Vetus M3.10 engine in my narrowboat and would like to fit a Calorifier. How do I recognise the flow and return pipes, do I need to fit preformed hoses from vetus and do I need to install any additional valves i.e isolation valves in the system,will I have any problems initially with airlocks etc. Thanking you Terry

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:34pm

Post Subject: calorifiers

To be sure please consult your Vetus manual or the local dealer. However I think you might have a brass take off plug in the side (not top) of the thermostat housing for the hot to calorifier pipe. If there is not one there search the cylinder head. If all else fails T pieces that allow you to use the temperature sender aperture are available. The return needs to go into the large hose that runs into the engine water pump, but there may be another plug in the manifold. Personally I would take the hose off and see if a motor factor or chandler had one that could be cut to suit but with a T piece in place. No you will not need any valves with this simple setup. I can not answer the last question because it depends upon how well you are able to run the hoses/pipes. If they loop up and down, then yes, you could have fun. If they are level and then slope upwards back to the engine so air can escape from the engien filler then you will probably have no problem. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.27 seconds.