Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
davet8051
davet8051

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:24pm

Post Subject: Balast

i have a Colecraft 32ft, i have recently had the it plated, it now sits much deeper in the water can i safely remove some of the original balast to reduce the draught of the boat

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:02pm

Post Subject: Balast

If you feel you need to and can actually get at sufficient to remove it yet maintain the boat's trim then by all means. however I suspect as most narrowboats have the floors fixed down it will not be as easy as you envisage. A typical Colecraft hull will draw about 20 to 24 inches while a laden working boat will draw 3ft to 3ft6inches so you may well find there is no reason to remove ballast unless some hull openings are now too close to the water line or actually under it. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.32 seconds.