Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
brimstone
brimstone

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:46pm

Post Subject: victron energy precision battery monitor

Recently aquired.having difficulty in achieving a successful operation of unit.The voltage reading is ok, but the current reading does not indicate the positive or negative symbol for indicating charge or discharge currents.Also the consumed energy or state of charge values are not indicating. When I browse the historical menu at H10 it indicates that I have not automatically syncronised the unit. When I endevour to automatically syncronise I'm struggling to follow the instruction successfully! can anyone please help or let me know whether they also struggled in setting the unit up.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:02pm

Post Subject: victron energy precision battery monitor

I hope another reader with such a gauge can help you because I can not. I note on the Victron site they list available monitors and an implication there is a third so we need to know exactly which model you have got hold of. I can see no reason why installing it as illustrated on the quick installation sheet (BM600) should prevent it displaying plus and minus, actually it might only display the minus when discharging because that is what most digital meters do. If you have put the shunt in the engine battery negative you may have damaged something with starting current. It may be a very good idea to phone Victron because if you expect the state of charge to be and remain accurate you will need to do some messing about to ensure it stays synchronised to your batteries otherwise it will tend to drift off and tell lies. I very much doubt it's fit and forget. Please readers try to help. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.27 seconds.