Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
David Fitch
David Fitch

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:33am

Post Subject: Noisy Water Pump

Please can you advise me on ways to quieten a noisy Jabsco water pump. A boat fitter looked at it recently and told me that it was working OK but they were always noisy. It is situated behind the bulkhead between our stove and the bow water tank, but when working the noise can be heard throughout the boat. How can I deaden the sound please?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:47am

Post Subject: Noisy Water Pump

Make sure any pre-strainer is not blocked and that the shut of valve on the supply is turned fully on. It should be connected to the rest of the plumbing by two FLEXIBLE hoses. You can use a flexible plastic (not plumbers' plastic pipe) but I use the metal braided flexibles you use to connect taps nowadays. ensure its feet are either rubber or they hold four rubber mounting bushes. Screw the pump down without over compressing any rubber mounting bush and ensure no part of the pump is touching anything else. If that does not work screw it to a rectangle of THICK board so it will stand up and stay in place and stand the whole lot on a layer of foam rubber or old carpet. Finally, if required, lay several layers of old carpet over it. We keep our spare buoyancy aids over ours because they do make some noise. Hope this helps. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.27 seconds.