Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
minnowboy
minnowboy

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:40pm

Post Subject: Central Heating

Hi Tony Having drained,flushed and refilled our Eberspacher central heating we now have probs getting it working correctly. After only 5mins it switches itself off (overheating?) and starts again after another 5mins. Suspecting an air lock checked the Finn rads for bleed screw but couldn't locate any. I see there are 3 drain taps 1 by the header tank, 1 at the farthest end of the run and 1 at the end on the way back. If it is air lock probs are these the way to bleed the system? Many Thanks Richard

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:20pm

Post Subject: Central Heating

Dear Richard, I would have expected some form of bleed point at the highest point in the circulating circuit which may well be towards the front of the boat. If there is not one then you will have to try loosening the highest joint. The same would apply to the highest water connection on the eberspacher unless the header tank fed in there allowing air to find its way upwards. I am very surprised there are no bleed pints, especially at the boiler end but almost every boat is plumbed differently so I fear its a case of careful inspection and doing the best you can. Its a bit late for you now but for any other readers planning this job - ITS A SUMMER JOB so you have lots of time to sort it out before you really need it. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.86 seconds.