Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.


To go back to the experts page click here>>


Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:02pm

Post Subject: keys

what is a conservation key is it the same as a bw key which i have as some info says conservation key required


Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:39am

Post Subject: keys

It would help identify what you are talking about if you specified the information. I think that you are talking about a BW "Water conservation" key - not the standard BW fancy Yale type key. This key is required to unlock the paddles on some locks and is made from a length of tube with a T bar handle across the top. It fits into a hole and over a square on the mechanism so you can undo the lock. It seems to em that some locks that needed the water conservation key have been converted to use the standard BW key so carry both and I find it is easier with 2 BW Yale type keys because some mechanisms will not let you remove the key whilst it is in use. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.69 seconds.