Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
VikingAl
VikingAl

Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:38am

Post Subject: FILLING WITH DIESEL

Hi, When I next fill my tank I assume the supplier will be selling me the new type of diesel petrol and not the red diesel as when I last filled it, before winter. I presume that the two types can be mixed as I don't want to run it almost empty, pumping up the dregs, etc from the bottom of the tank. Many thanks

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:23pm

Post Subject: FILLING WITH DIESEL

Diesel and petrol are two totally different products and must never be mixed in an engine. You may or may not be getting low sulphur diesel depending upon when your supplier had his last delivery. In fact you could have low sulphur supplied last year. They will mix without problems and as far as I am concerned many of the scare stories you may have read are ill researched and ill founded. I would advise removing any water from the bottom of your tank and the regular use of a water removing additive. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.28 seconds.