Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.


To go back to the experts page click here>>


Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:12pm

Post Subject: Mobile Broadband

Hi Tony In answering a previous question re:mobile broadband you suggested using a long usb cable to hang the dongle in a window.Excuse my ignorance but would that be a usb cable with male connection one end and female the other? Many thanks Richard


Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:49am

Post Subject: Mobile Broadband

It will be a USB cable with ends to suit your computer and the dongle. Up to perhaps 1 metre it will be just like the short one usually supplied with the dongles but longer and above that length (so you can get the dongle outside) it will have to be a much more expensive "active" cable which will have the same ends and probably a "box" along its length or in the computer end. There are at least 3 types pf USB plug & socket (there may now be 4) so there is no way I can answer for your specific need but once you know the type at the dongle end your supplier should know the rest. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.29 seconds.