Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
steveg1957
steveg1957

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:59am

Post Subject: accumulator pressure set up

Hello, how do you go about setting the pressure in the water supply accumulator? I read it should be 1/2 the pump pressure, how do I get to know this? Thankyou Steve

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:09pm

Post Subject: accumulator pressure set up

If the accumulator has a plastic cap on top unscrew it to reveal a car type tyre valve. If it does not then simply turn the main water valve off, unscrew the accumulator and shake any water out of it and refit it. Assuming you have the valve. Get a car tyre pressure gauge and check the pressure with the pump off and tap open. Make sure this is between 10 and 25 psi. Close tap and run the system up to pressure. Remeasure the internal air pressure. It should now be at the pump cut off pressure. In reality the air pressure should now be set to a very few psi below the pump CUT IN pressure but that can be hard to measure so turn the pump off and open a tap. Set the air pressure to about half the pump cut out pressure as measured above. Oh you use a tyre pump to adjust it. I use a cycle pump with car valve type connector. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.31 seconds.