Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
karich...
karich...

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:42pm

Post Subject: oil pressure ?

Hi,i have a isuzu 55hp engine in my 60'widebeam.The oil pressure gauge fluctuate's between 3and 5bar when running at 1,100revs rather erratically ie bouncing between the two.There are no signs of any oil leaks and the engine runs fine with no noises what so ever.Could this be the oil pressure switch/sender unit.The engine has done 793hours.Many thanks Richard.

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:59pm

First always suspect a poor connection but once that has been ruled out the next most likely thing is, as you say, the sender unit. You need to take care because the gauges and sender are matched. There are two different standards for the Resistance of the units and if you fit the wrong sender for the gauge you will get silly readings. If you have a name on the gauge ASAP Supplies should be able to supply a suitable sender unit. Tony Brooks

karich...
karich...

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:11pm

Many thanks Tony for such a quick reply.I will check out what you suggest and let you know Richard.

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.40 seconds.