Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
spikey...
spikey...

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:56pm

Post Subject: tony brooks

could you please tell me the best 240v battery charger to buy.

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:50pm

Post Subject: tony brooks

I am afraid that the answer is no, I can not. Leaving aside the fact that you may mean a 12 volt or a 24 volt battery charger You need to specify what you mean by "best", your budget and what you want it to do. You do not even tell me if you intend to put it on a boat or in your garage/shed. If you want to leave it unsupervised for long periods then it must be a multi-stage one. Anything quoting more than three stages is indulging in marketing hype. If you intend fitting to a non-livaboard boat then you would probably want to minimise the dangers of it catching fire so an Ebay bargain of unknown brand might not be such a good idea. I can think of at least three makes I might consider but I would place some credence on a long warranty from a UK based company (so you can get at them if it fails). If you ask for recommendations on the Canal World Internet forum I am sure you will get a lot of responses from owners allowing you to make a judgement about makes and service. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.25 seconds.