Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
louise
louise

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:28pm

Post Subject: anchor

Do you know what size anchor i should buy for my widebeam 60x12 for using in tidal waters i.e. river thames

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:22pm

Post Subject: anchor

As per two questions down from this one. It is not a question of the size you SHOULD BUY but far more a question of the size that you can handle. Although you probably have far more space for handling and stowage I think that unless you also fit an anchor winch you will be limited to the sizes quoted in my last answer or less if you are of a slight build. Please take note of my comments re the chain, rope and fixing at the boat end. By the way, there is only about an hours cruising on the TIDAL Thames available to you unless you are licensed and carry a marine VHF radio. On that stretch I feel a long rope and large bucket of concrete would probably suffice. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.29 seconds.