Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
JuliaM...
JuliaM...

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:41pm

Post Subject: Gas-fired water heater

My old paloma heater needs replacing - is it possible (and acceptable for boat safety) to get a new gas-fired water heater, and can you recommend any good makes and models? Thanks

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:14pm

Post Subject: Gas-fired water heater

Dear Julia Here we have a major problem because although the BSS is quiet happy for you to fit another gas water heater unless you can safely install it yourself you should find that no CORGI (or its soon to be successor) registered operative will do so. This is because their codes of practise prevent them from installing non-room sealed gas appliances. I understand there is a room sealed version on the market, but it requires mains electricity (inverter?) and is expensive. It might end up cheaper fitting an Alde plus a calorifier. If you have a water cooled engine my advice is to fit a calorifier and be done with the gas heater problem. I am afraid I am not going to say anything more because of the dangers in DIY gas installation. Sorry. Tony Brooks

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.25 seconds.