Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
mariet...
mariet...

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:55pm

Post Subject: Vetus Combi

Does anyone have one of these - and know how to use it?

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:25pm

I assume this is a combi-inverter that combines an inverter and battery charger. See: https://www.vetus.com/technical-docu mentation Much may depend upon how it has been wired into the boat systems, there may in addition to the inverter a change over switch to select between shoreline or inverter derived mains.

mariet...
mariet...

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:13pm

I have the manual which is unintelligible but wanted to find someone who actually uses the Combi. Can't find a Combi dealer in East Anglia. Thanks for your interest though, Tony.

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:51pm

I have downloaded and printed the manual and agree that it seems complicated but then its a complicated piece of equipment that is designed so it can be set up for a vast array of situations and equipment. However by referring to the tables at the end against the description of the modes and how to select them one can get an idea about how to set it up. If no one comes forward and if you tell me EXACTLY what you want to know I will do my best to translate the manual. When you are on a shoreline Pressing the RUN-Stop button shoudl set it running. I would also press the mode 1 button so the AC in charges the battery. When leaving the boat on shoreline I think you need to press the mode 4 button so that it keeps charging the batteries but will not try to use the inverter to power the charger when/if the shoreline fails for some reason. If it did then the batteries would be flattened totally and possibly destroyed. However, as I said in my first reply, the way it is wired into the boats can vary from boat to boat so one persons i9nstlation MIGHT not be the same as yours.

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.95 seconds.