Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Sonjacks...
Sonjacks...

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:55pm

Post Subject: Alde 3010

Hi there. I have had a leak on my boiler. To start with the water pump was going periodically that drew my attention to it. I thought i had stopped the leake. Now the water pump is not going off but still water seams to be appearing. Could it be the water that has lodged there or is there anywhere else it could be coming from but not through the pump Please help it is driving me nuts

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:47am

The manual for the 3010 is not available for easy download but the later 3020 shows the pump is not part of the boiler as such but is contained within the heating header tank much like all the earlier boilers. By and large Alde water circulating pumps are very quiet in operation so unless you were very close to it would be unlikely to draw attention when it ran. Also, just like all similar central heating water pumps, it is thermostatically controlled so it will turn itself and and off at random intervals when the heating is turned on. The way you phrase the question makes me wonder if you are really talking about the domestic water pump. They are noisy and do draw attention to themselves when they run. If you really are talking about the Alde pump then any leak in that area (assuming the 3010 is similar to the 3020) will not be from the pump motor because it is mounted in the top of the plastic header tank.. Unless the header tank is split then it just leaves a leaking hose connection at the base of the header tank. I note that you do not say that you have to keep topping the heating header tank up, which you would need to if the leak really was from the Alde system. That brings us back to the question of exactly what is leaking. If it turns out to be the domestic water pump then if it froze during the recent spells of cold weather it may well be leaking form the joint in the pump body. Tightening the screws that hold the two parts together just MIGHT solve the issue but it may well not. Any leak from the pressurised side of the domestic water system will result in the water pump running for a few seconds far more frequently than before. The lack of clear information means that I can not give any more help so to move forward I would suggest that you email a photo of this pump to Tony@tb-training.co.uk plus a bit of history about the boat. At present I fear that you may have misidentified the domestic water pump as the Alde circulating pump because of lack of experience so you are 100% correct to ask for assistance..

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:43am

I have been searching for more info on the 3010 and I have now seen an Alde image that seems shows a circulating pump in the pipework but in fact it seems to be the domestic water pump. It also seems that the circulating pump may be fitted to the boiler or, as I said, mounted in the expansion tank my comments about it being thermostatically controlled and the fact such pumps are often quiet in operation it seems you may well be asking about a circulating pump fitted on the boiler. I would still like to see an photo so I can be sure. I can not find a detailed image of the Alde boiler mounted circulation pump but I suspect it is not a serviceable or repairable item. If it really is a boiler mounted circulation pump then you will probably need a new one but several people have used a cheap solar hot water pump on boat central heating systems with some success. I am still far from clear as to where this water is appearing so please email me photos of the pump and where the water is appearing, otherwise I can not give any more help.

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.26 seconds.