Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
favours...
favours...

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:57pm

Post Subject: CO2 Alarms

Tony, do I need a CO2 alarm in both the living and bedroom areas? I currently have an alarm position in the living area (gas oven/wood burning stove) and it is positioned outside the bedroom door.

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:21pm

Since 2019 it seems then BSS has demanded one CO alarm on the boat. The BSS guidance seems to be here https://www.boatsafetyscheme.org/media/296735/BS S-COAR-Handout-21Mar2019-reduced-size.pdf Its a PDF so I can' post it on this forum.

favours...
favours...

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:21pm

Tony, many thanks. I did read the document some time ago and initially I came to the conclusion they were requiring 1 per each separate living/sleeping area, however looking at it again I would concur with your response. Not a bad idea to have 2 but not required for boat safety certification. thanks again

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.23 seconds.