Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
sooty1957...
sooty1957...

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:12pm

Post Subject: rcd paperwork ? - sailaway

Hello, I am in the process of buying a 'Sailaway'. What 'Recreational Craft Directive' (RCD) paperwork I should receive? Can it be licensed with this or is a seperate BSSC required. Thankyou Steve

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:02pm

Dear Steve, My advise is to get immediate professional advice before you complete the purchase. I have seen adds in the back of the magazines for people who "hold your hand" in meeting and completing the RCD paperwork and if your supplier does not supply you with acceptable documents you could find it very hard to meet the RCD requirements. I would advise you to talk to both your navigation authority's licensing department to see what they need (I think it is known as an annex 3) and also the BSS so you know when you will need an inspection. Take care if you are thinking of using the 5 year "own use" exemption for RCD purposes because you never know what is just around the corner and the lack of RCD conformity could make the boat harder to sell on if you need to. Just because most Trading Standards Departments seem unwilling to enforce the RCD it does not mean they always will so please take care. Tony Brooks

sooty1957...
sooty1957...

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:08pm

Thanks again for your advice. I will be thumbing through the mags. It never occurred to me to take on an 'RCD' professional so early. I will also ring BW as to licencing requirements. Cheers Steve.

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.37 seconds.