Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
sooty1957...
sooty1957...

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:19pm

Post Subject: carpeting below the gunwhale ?

Hello, are you allowed to carpet the side of the boat between the gunwhale and the floor without breaking any fire or bss regulations ? I have seen it done on a few older and hire boats. Thankyou Steve

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:47pm

Post Subject: carpeting below the gunwhale ?

Steve, The BSS is not overly concerned with your welfare within your boat and as far as I can gather there are no fire regulations for ordinary boaters who do not live aboard. Even if you do live aboard I do not think there is anything about carpet. I would say take care about then type of carpet. I use washable "gel back" polypropylene on my boat because damp is unlikely to affect it and if it gets dirty removing it and giving it a good scrub & hose down seems to do the trick. It is a bit rough to the touch though so it might be kinder to use something different beside berths. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 1.93 seconds.